Puna Geothermal Venture Emergency Response Plan
- Request to:
Hawaii County Civil Defense Agency
- Law used:
State of Hawaii UIPA
- Status of this request:
- Request Successful
- Summary of Request
- 1. An electronic copy of the Hawaii County Civil Defense "After Action" report on the 2018 Kilauea eruption filed 14 days after the 2018 Kilauea eruption emergency declaration ended.
2. An electronic copy of any and all Civil Defense communications (letter, email, fax, etc.) regarding "Puna Geothermal Venture" or "PGV" to or from Puna Geothermal Venture and/or any Other Government Agency, including Hawaii County Planning Department, Hawaii Volcano Observatory, USGS, US Department of Defense, University of Hawaii, State of Hawaii Emergency Management Agency, Department of Health, Department of Land and Natural Resources, etc.) from May 1, 2018 to May 1, 2022.
3. An electronic copy of all notices to the public relating to opportunity to review and input on PGV's 2020 and 2021 Emergency Response Plan.
4. An electronic copy of the current latitude and longitude and altitude location of PGV's 3 perimeter Hydrogen Sulfide Monitors, including the height the air monitors are mounted above the ground which are not listed in PGV's Emergency Response Plan.
5. An electronic copy of Hawaii County Civil Defense's Plan current plan to notify the residents of Hydrogen Sulfide leak and how Emergency Responders will respond to leaks of Hydrogen Sulfide at PGV, including evacuation routes.
8. An electronic copy of Hawaii County Civil Defense's plan how how Lower Puna community will be evacuated during a Hydrogen Sulfide (or Hurricane or Fire or Lava Flow) if Highway 130 becomes blocked anywhere between the town of Pahoa and Leilani Estates Subdivision.