Governor's Emergency Task Force to Secure Puna Geothermal Wells in May 2018
- Request to:
Department of Defense - State
- Law used:
State of Hawaii UIPA
- Status of this request:
- Request asleep
- Summary of Request
- 1. A list of everyone, including the State of Hawaii Civil Defense Emergency Management Agency employees who worked on the Governor's "Expert Task Force" related to securing Puna Geothermal Venture's wells during May 2018.
2. A copy of the complete "After Action" report of the Governor's Expert Task Force, with attachments, including all scribe notes during May 2018 from Thomas Travis and any other State of Hawaii Emergency Management Agency employees and any other person who worked on the Governor's task force.
3. I need a copy of all correspondences, emails, texts, reports, letters, analysis, research, between the State of Hawaii Civil Defense and/or Emergency task force members and/or Hawaii Volcano Observatory, and/or the USGS and/or University of Hawaii Geothermal Program regarding "quenching" or "cooling the resource" or otherwise injecting liquids into an erupting volcano from May 9 - 27, 2020.
4. Produce a log of all injections made by PGV beginning on May 9, 2018 until May 27, 2018, including all amounts of water, salt water, chemicals, bentonite or other clays, etc. used in each well to cool or quench that well during the eruption.
5. Copies of all invoices incurred by the State of Hawaii for shipping items related to the emergency securing of the wells at Puna Geothermal Venture, including but not limited to: Quench Pumps, Cement, Clays, Chemicals, and Metal Plugs and Fittings during May 2018.
6. Copies of all State of Hawaii Emergency Management communications, correspondences, emails, texts, reports, letters, analysis and research with Hawaii Volcano Observatory and/or Puna Geothermal Venture and/or Charlene Wardlow mentioning "phreatomagmatic" eruptions and explosions for the month of May, 2018.